Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Conflicts

Conflicts happen not just within the heart, but also at work, at home, with friends.... everywhere in fact. Had a conflict with my colleague yesterday. Boss says that its just the way he is. He is a loyal and faithful worker. Perhaps just a little traditional and old fashioned. Well, he's exactly the kind of person I dislike. Or rather he's the kind of person with values I dislike. Everything is about hierarchy and respect, rather than just good clear communication. To me, his communication was poor. Nothing to do with education or english language strength. Its gota do with personality and exposure -> what some say is EQ right? Well, I thought I was bad, but he is worse. Is that something to celebrate? Not really. His demise is my suffering. And then today, I get a shock. Calvin seems to enjoy changing things in his mind and not communicating it. When I first went for interview, it was for a Producer role and then I would go out and pitch. But after my 2nd meeting with him, it changed to digital media content producing. Today, out of the blue, just cos he was inspired, he decided to add another responsibility to my list. I really dont know how to take this. I dont know if I am in the wrong company or I am in the right company but being distracted and stretched. What is Your will Lord? The picture that Calvin draws seems really great! Producing online content. However, there's this hint of arrogance that I am unsure about. Everything has its place. Sure, many things are going online now, but there's still a reason why people are going to the movies. There's still a reason why Hollywood is still producing blockbuster. There is no absolute to which is the right way. Its just a choice - are you after the money and chasing the wave or are you passionate about making great movies. I am just as conflicted on this aspect. If I were to focus on making money and chasing the wave, following the trend then yes, online is definitely the way to go. Regardless whether I stay here in Singapore or return to Australia, I can return to advertising. However, if I am passionate about making movies, then it wouldnt be with Calvin's company. I really wish that mm2 would reply soon. Cos that way, I would know whether I am to join mm2 or not. I guess I am so stuck cos I am afraid of making the wrong move. I am no longer young. I know God knows best, so I really wish He would close all doors thats not of His will. I really dont know if the role at mm2 is for me. I also worry about their working hours and expectations. At least with Calvin, we've ironed out few things. I know kinda how the company will run. mm2.... I dont see eye to eye with the not letting leave be carried over and no compensation on that. Producing can get quite busy. Also, I am unsure of my job scope. Other than paperwork, what else is there? I do not just want to do paperwork. Yes, the pay that they MIGHT offer is tempting. Its alot more compared to what I'm getting at Calvin's, if it is what I am asking God for. $3.2K is good but a miracle and a sign from God would be if I can get $3.5K + cpf. That's $4.8K - $8.4K annually. That's 1-2 holidays! But I dont know what the potential is like. Do I want to produce movies or do I want to have a good life?! Lord help me please. I really cant figure it out. I just feel underpaid for taking the job with Calvin, cos if I were to be involved with digital content in an agency, I get paid much more. I dont want to be myopic and only see the problems. He keeps saying "if this does well, which he thinks it will", then I have to grow the LT team. I've heard that many times over. It never happens that way. Diana said that, Andrew said that. But the company never grew. Blk A was small and it grew and now, it has shrunk again. Just like akamedia. Or should I just return to Australia?

No comments:

Post a Comment