Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pleasing the world

I know I can't please everyone. Yet we all know that even for those of us who would say we don't care what the world thinks, there's a part of us deep down inside that want to be accepted and liked. Just that not everyone will work hard towards doing it to get people to like us. 

In saying so, I've realised that the 2 groups of people I've encountered in my life that's hardest to please. Actually make that 3. 
1. Christians
2. Singaporeans 
3. Family

The first 2 somehow often think that they are better than others and the world owes them. 

Christians expect everyone to be perfect, especially their own fellow Christians. This is from my experience n I'm also guilty of it at times. 

Singaporeans, well somehow our government has taught us that we know it all, cos most of us speak 2 languages, so amongst the Asians, we are better than them cos we speak English well. 

And amongst the Caucasians, we speak an additional language which the Brits, Americans, Canadians (except for French Canadians), Australians n New Zealanders don't. So again, we tink we are better. 

And cos of the oppressive nature of the government whilst we were growing into a mature country, a first world country, some call it; many have kept their anger n angst hidden. So they complain like the world owed them everything. But won't lift a finger when needed. 

N lastly family, they think they know you. They know all about u n despite differences, they think they have a right to make demands in u. Well, in my case that is. Nothing pleases them. No thank you, you did a good job, I appreciate it, etc. 

Always criticism. Maybe the saying familiarity breeds contempt is very true. 

Well, God has chosen to have me stay and be alive so, I guess there's much to be done. 

I am alive to please God, so His things matter. I only need the audience of 1.  No matter how difficult things might be, I have to keep the shalom peace Jesus left behind for me. 

No bulldozers shall shake me. No turbulent seas or earthquakes shall move me. He has set me where He wants me to be and faithfully I shall wait expectantly. For His deliverance, for Hos return, for His providence. 
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment